Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

45th Worldwide SketchCrawl

The 45th worldwide SketchCrawl took place last Saturday.

This time I met with Zeta, the sketcher who also attended the USK Symposium in Paraty, and one of my good friends, Tessy.

The weather was wonderful for this time of the year and we were able to sketch outside.

Our first stop was at place Clairfontaine in the centre of Luxembourg-City.

It is a lovely little square with a beautiful statue of the Grande-Duchesse Charlotte.

I was in a mood for colour and experimentation, so I mainly used my watercolour pencils and then a normal pencil for some details.

Place Clairfontaine
Choosing the colours was tricky, but I quite like this combination
After a short break and hot coffee we decided to continue to Den Huelen Zant (literally the hollow tooth), a ruin from the fortress surrounding the city and a very popular tourist attraction.

Huelen Zant
These remains from the past are among my favourite things in Luxembourg-city
It was such fun to be out sketching with the girls in the knowledge that all over the world fellow sketchers and friends were doing the same. 

Can't wait to see their sketches of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment